Flipkart’s Top Selling Bottom Wear Brands

Q4 in any year is a celebratory time for India. Of course, brands always capitalise on this with sales and promotions. Flipkart is the frontrunner on Fashion and Lifestyle sales, with its Big Billion days scheduled around Diwali every year. This past year, in Q4 2021, the Bottom wear sales were nearly 50% higher than earlier quarters.

The Bottom Wear category Flipkart is littered with more than 750 brands! This makes bottomwear a difficult category to create brand equity and score top-rank brandshare every quarter. Metronaut is the front runner in this segment and has been consistently coming on top.

Source: Vumonic

The Top 10 brands in this category collectively gather only about 30% of volume share. This means that the remaining 750 brands capture 70% of volume – a highly fragmented category. For these top brands to remain in the leadership position, it is important to keep the supply chain nimble and deliver quality products at affordable prices. As Average Order Value (AOV) for most of the top brands is lower than Rs. 1000.


Blog written by : Anupam Asthana

Date: 11 May 2022

Vumonic Datalabs is a global consumer intelligence platform. We provide high quality, deterministically linked, large structured data that can be used to derive deep consumer,  business and market insights. Our proprietary data pipelines deliver unbiased actual transaction data collected in a privacy secure manner via large global panels.